Learn How to Relieve Sensitive Teeth
If your teeth are sensitive, there are several simple but important steps you can take today to relieve your sensitive teeth.
- Practice good oral hygiene, including proper brushing and flossing, to help keep teeth and gums healthy.
- Use a sensitivity toothpaste like Sensodyne to relieve the pain of sensitive teeth.
- Don't brush too hard or more frequently than your dentist recommends.
- Use a soft toothbrush, preferably one suitable for people with sensitive teeth.
- Try to minimise consumption of foods that can wear away tooth enamel, such as fruit juices, wine, vinegar salad dressings and soft drinks.
- Use fluoridated dental products, including toothpaste and mouthwash, to help strengthen enamel.
- Avoid grinding your teeth or clenching during the day. Ask your dentist about a mouth guard for night-time use.
- See your dentist regularly for professional tooth cleaning, dental care recommendations and advice on relieving your sensitive teeth.
In this section we look at these areas in more detail: